Being healthy is a continuous journey. Whether you feel that you are currently healthy or UNhealthy, my guess is that you didn’t get there overnight. This blog shares 12-steps for better health – regardless of where you are in your wellness journey!
The steps to better health that I will share with you don’t need to be followed in this order. Pick one and then go onto another when you’re ready. You could tackle one new step a week, or a month or whatever works for you!
Getting healthier isn’t achieved through a short-term diet; but instead is accomplished and sustained through a long-term lifestyle. Trust your instincts, and know that each change you make has a tremendous impact on your present AND your future.
Try these 12 steps to better health:
- First, Drink more water. I know you know that you need to drink water, but be sure you are drinking ENOUGH! Try to drink half your body weight in ounces of water. For example, a 150 pound person should try to drink at least 75 ounces of water each day.
- Next, Cook at home more. Learn some go-to recipes that are packed with plant-based nutrition and enjoy the time spent in the kitchen.
- Also, Increase whole grains. I don’t mean things like cereal that tout “whole grains” on the box…I mean more natural options like quinoa, rice, and oats. You know, the REAL stuff!
- Number Four, Increase sweet vegetables. This will help curb your cravings for sugary snacks.
- Next, Increase green vegetables. Make a date with the produce isle at your supermarket to see the great variety available!
- Also, Experiment with plant-based protein. Yes, you CAN get more than enough protein from a plant-based, whole foods way of eating!
- Next, Eat less processed foods. Try it, your body will thank you for many years to come!
- Number Eight, Make a habit of nurturing your body. Really, it’s not self-ISH, it is self-CARE!
- Next, Have healthy relationships. Nurture the relationships that matter.
- Also, be sure to enjoy regular physical activity. Get out and MOVE!
- Next, Find work you love. This may seem like too big of a step, and of course, this won’t happen overnight. But make it a priority!
- Finally, Develop a spiritual practice. This can take upon many forms, so do what feels right for you!
Some of these steps may be more difficult or time-consuming than others…and that’s okay! Work at your own pace and spend the extra time wherever it may be needed!
Let me know how it goes for you!