Try this amazing plant based dip that will be the hit of the party – regardless of your eating preference. This is a crowd pleaser that no one will even know is plant based (unless of course you tell them!) I love to wait until people eat this dip and rave over how amazing it is and that they MUST have the recipe. You can imagine my delight when I see the shock in their eyes when I break the news that it is vegan (and gluten free…and sugar free!)
My advice: double this batch so that you know you’ll have some to yourself the next day!
Cashew Pine Nut Spread
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in water for a few hours, to soften
- ½ cup raw pine nuts (no need to soak these!)
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
- ½ TBSP onion powder
- 2 TBSP nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup water
- 2 TBSP minced chives
- 3 TBSP minced parsley
In a high-speed blender (I use my Vitamix with the small container) or food processor, blend the first 8 ingredients until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and add chives & parsley and mix well (OR, if you don’t mind the green color, then just put the fresh herbs in towards the end of the food processor mixing). I prefer mixing my herbs in with the blender or food processor…that way I can get a very smooth dip!
The key to this is getting the right consistency. Stop the food processor often to scrape the bowl and test the consistency. If using a Vitamix, use the small container and the tamper tool to keep the dip pushed down into the blades.
Store the unused dip (good luck with that!) in a sealed container. It will last 3 – 5 days. I like using a glass mason jar.
- Spread on toasted sprouted bread (or breakfast bread of your choice!)
- As a dip with raw veggies (red peppers are great with this!), crackers, crostinis, or corn chips (a perfect appetizer!)
- Slice zucchini or cucumber very thin and roll into mini rolls (no baking required!)
- Cut 1/8” cucumber rounds and serve a dollop on top
- Use in place of ricotta cheese for a lasagna
- Use as a condiment in a sandwich or wrap
Enjoy this delicious treat!