While summer picnics are loaded with fun, the foods are often loaded with ingredients that our bodies won’t find to be very fun. So how can you look forward to the company AND the foods at your next picnic? Share a delicious zucchini noodle salad with your friends and they’ll be asking for the recipe! This Blog will talk how to make a delicious and easy noodle salad that will be a huge hit at your next gathering or on your dinner table!
The ingredients for the noodle salad are simple, and can be used as a base, but you can always add your favorite extras.
We will use a handy kitchen gadget called a spiralizer. I found this one on Amazon for under $30! We will use it to make our zucchini noodles – a much healthier alternative to any pasta!
Here are the ingredients you will need:
- Zucchini, peeled
- Sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Fresh herbs, finely chopped – I’ll use parsley & basil
- Grape tomatoes, cut in half
- Diced red onions
- 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil (or leave this out if you are avoiding oil!)
- Balsamic vinegar (if you have a high quality balsamic, like from Olive Tap, you don’t need the oil!)
- Pine nuts (optional)
You simply put the zucchini in the spiralizer and make the noodles. Put the noodles in a strainer with some sea salt. Allow them to sit while you prepare your other ingredients.
Here are the directions:
- Mince the garlic, I like to use a garlic press.
- Finely chop the herbs – you can be creative and use whatever herbs you like…consider also using oregano or thyme. For this recipe, I have used parsley and basil.
- Cut the grape tomatoes in half.
- Dice about ¼ cup of red onions.
- Put these ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the strained zucchini.
- Add the oil and vinegar.
- Mix everything well.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
This healthy and delicious salad will make a bold statement at your next event or on your own dinner table.
Use zucchini noodles as a substitute for any recipe that calls for spaghetti noodles! I love to also make a nice tomato sauce and serve over the fresh zucchini noodles! Enjoy!