Prep time: 30 min; Cook time: 10 min
Makes: 2 servings
• 1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
• 1 package Wildwood Organic Sprouted Extra Firm Tofu
• 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
• 2 tsp. fresh ginger, peeled and minced
• ¼ cup organic peanut butter (no salt or sugar added)
• 3 TBSP Bragg’s Liquid Aminos (or low sodium Tamari)
• 1 TBSP organic coconut or brown sugar
• 2 TBSP sesame oil
• 3 TBSP warm water
• 1 – 3 TBSP chili garlic sauce (based on your level of heat desired!)
• 2 zucchini, spiralized**
• 2 carrots, spiralized** or made into thin strips by using your peeler
• 2 TBSP fresh cilantro, chopped
• Juice from ½ lime; the other ½ cut into wedges
• ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
**TIMESAVING TIP: Purchase zucchini and carrots already spiralized in the produce section at your grocery store!
1. Open and drain tofu and press it gently between a few layers of paper towels between 2 pans or cutting boards (something solid) to help remove excess moisture. If you have a tofu press, use that! If you have time, continue adding pressure over about 30 minutes to get the tofu as dry as possible. The drier the tofu, the more it will absorb your flavors and the more “dense” and firm it will be when you cook it. The texture is dependent on how much water is pressed from the tofu.
2. Once drained, cut the tofu into ¾ – 1” inch cubes.
3. In a small mixing bowl, add garlic, ginger, peanut butter, Bragg’s, coconut sugar, sesame oil, chili garlic sauce, water.
4. Spiralize the zucchini (or cut into thin matchsticks or use zucchini that has already been spiralized from the store).
5. Prepare the carrots by peeling lenthwise to create very thin noodles with your peeler (or buy spiralized carrots from the store).
6. Place a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat with the 1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil. Once hot, add the cubed tofu and cook until crispy in places, about 3 to 5 minutes.
7. Add ½ of the peanut sauce and cook until the tofu is sticky and browned in places – about 1 – 3 minutes. Transfer the crispy peanut tofu to a plate.
8. Retun the skillet to medium-high heat and add the zucchini & carrot noodles. Add the remaining peanut sauce and gently toss. Reduce heat to medium and cook until noodles are heated, about 3 – 5 minutes.
9. Add the lime juice from the ½ lime, and season with salt if needed.
10. Divide the veggie noodles between 2 bowls and top with the crispy peanut tofu.
11. Sprinkle with the chopped cilantro and coconut chips.
12. Serve with extra chili garlic sauce (if desired), and garnish with lime wedges.