Salads should not be boring! With the right dressing, your salad should be sensational!
Try making your own dressing which will be more delicious and nutritious than a store bought bottle (which also has an abundance of added sugar and non-healthy ingredients).
After making this, you’ll never buy another bottled dressing again!
The Happy Vegan’s Signature Italian Dressing
Prep time: 5 min; Assembly time: 3 min
Makes: 1 cup (8 servings of 2 tablespoons each)
- 1/3 cup 100% extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons 100% pure maple syrup (Grade A or B)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ½ small shallot, finely minced (red onion is okay for a substitute)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¾ teaspoon crushed thyme
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
Put all ingredients in a glass jar (I use a 2-cup capacity mason jar) with a sealable lid and shake. Dressing will keep in the jar for 1 week in the fridge.