Who doesn’t love pasta!? I know we certainly do! This easy pasta sauce recipe includes fresh ingredients like onions, peppers, garlic, and easy seasonings that give this sauce all the love it needs. Enjoy the flavors and the amazing aroma it will leave in your kitchen. Your mouth will be watering!
In about 2 TBSP olive oil, sauté the following for about 5 – 10 minutes, stirring frequently:
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 of a green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 of a red pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
Add the seasonings and stir well:
- 2 tsp. Dried basil
- 2 tsp. Dried oregano
- 1 tsp. Dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. Black pepper
- Salt to taste
Add 3 TBSP tomato paste and stir well
Add 2 cans tomato sauce and 1 can diced tomatoes and stir well.
Cook on medium heat for about 10 – 15 minutes. Stir a few times to keep things from sticking on the bottom of the pan.
Add 2 cups of spinach and then simmer for about 15 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Add a couple of tablespoons of Notcho Nocheez (Classic or Hot work best) if you want a creamy delicious sauce!
- Add a can of drained chickpeas if you want some extra protein and more fiber.
Serve over gluten free pasta (or even rice).